We are big fans of direct mail – obviously! Even apart from being printers, we’re big fans of direct mail. More than ever, direct mail is the best way to get attention to your message.
It’s true that e-mail marketing is ‘free’ – no printing and no postage, which admittedly do cost money. All of the research points to the fact that if you want your message to be received, having something on paper that your audience is touching, posting on their fridge, and passing on to friends is the way to go. Don’t stop your digital efforts, but make sure print and direct mail are in the mix.
Here are a few tricks to get the most from your mailing dollars:
- Make sure your mailing is eye catching. Use graphics, images, and color to catch attention and highlight your message.
- Consider adding texture or 3D. Anything that engages the senses is going to increase the chances of your mailing piece getting looked at, and who can resist the curiosity of finding out what’s in a lumpy envelope?!
- Have a clear message and call to action. Minimize text to what’s absolutely necessary to get your message across – and repeat it more than once! Also, make sure to tell the reader what you want them to do – whether it’s to call you, check out your website, save 25% using this code, buy this item, etc.
- Make sure you have a good list. One of the things that makes direct mail so effective is how specifically you can target to the demographic that is right for your business. We can help you create a great list!
- Clean up your list. Don’t waste paper and postage sending to people who are no longer at the address in your list. We have software that updates mailing addresses and even checks the spelling and makes sure the address is in the best format to USPS delivery.
- Size and weight determines postage. Maximize your size within the parameters for a letter size mailing – 6″ x 10.5″. Larger than that could double your postage costs. Also, keep in mind that there are also restrictions on weight and thickness that will affect costs.
Bring us in early in your planning. We’re mailing experts and will help you get the best results possible for your mailing.